Landscaping photography is not an easy task, the photographer has to wait for hours and hours to get the right angle and if you don’t have the best landscape lens for Nikon then all this effort can be wasted. What happens when we really try to capture? Vista we cannot just point the camera to the location of Landscape and click that’s not enough. The real point is the experience of the photographer and what he or she is thinking while capturing. Because what they are trying to do is make an emotional connection with the viewers. That’s why it is very important to get the best quality lens while shooting for a landscape. When it comes to identifying best lenses there are so many factors one need to consider. Here are some good qualities of the best landscape lens…
- One of the first things which the buyers have to consider is composition because landscape photography is all about composition. What do we include and what do we exclude? And how do we do it? If we move what happens to the perspective and what happens to the relevant scale. So, thinking about the position is very important. And that is the main influencing thing with the lens choice.
- The next thing which buyer really needs to think about is light. Obviously, the light is critical for all photography but when it comes to landscaping it becomes more important due to the interferences if the natural light as well. In landscape, you have to think about where the light is coming from and what the position of the sun at the moment is. That’s why when you choose the best lens you need to make sure that you are keeping the light factor in mind.
- The way you can capture the good details is the way you choose your lens, it is a very simple formula. Do a good research before buying it and make sure that you have checked all the aspects of the chosen lens.
A good Landscape photography is not just taking pictures it is taking viewers with you at the same place and making them feel that they are actually living in that moment and watching the place for real. Nikon has more than 50 lenses and you need to choose the best landscape lens for Nikon for your next landscape shoot. Here are some best landscaping lenses.
|Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED||$1,899.95 $1,896.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras||$1,799.95 $1,796.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S Nikkor Zoom Lens For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras||from $2,935.80||Buy On Amazon|
|Nikon PC-E FX NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED Fixed Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras||$2,196.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide-Angle Prime Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras||$1,996.95||Buy On Amazon|
The Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G
The first on the list is Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G for Landscaping photoshoot. Monstrosity may look like a lightbulb on steroids but it’s not just a matter of all shows and no go. This lens has got all the great qualities of the landscaping. It is known as one of the sharpest lenses introduced by the Nikon. It has got everything you need in a lens for your perfect landscaping shoot, you name it. It has AFS, ED element wide-angle photography, super-fast autofocus and so many other great features. It has a petal hood on the lens as well for the safety and security of the lense, even if you drop it there is a less chance of lens damage due to the hood on it. But on the other hand the petal hood makes it impossible to use any filters with it. This is one of those bulky and high priced lens which can’t allow you to hold or use any other filter at all. So this is one downside of this particular lens. If you wish to use some filters with it you will have to buy expensive filters holders with this lens.
The Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G
This lens has a coveted place in the Nikon collection and here is why. For starters it does a few things quite well; you have got a solid range of focal length from 24 millimeters which are good for landscaping to all the way to 70 millimeters which are on the edge of telephoto and is great for portraits. This is again a very Sharpe lens not too far off the sharpness of many Nikon prime lenses. And what really makes the difference is that 24 to 70 offer F.28 throughout the Zoom range. Combined that with the amazing ISO capabilities of the current generation DSLR like the d810 is great. Many experts would consider this one having your cake and eating that too. This lens has been on the market since 2007 so you can look up shooting targets sharpness and every other thing online. Delivering an overall image quality, ease of use is the best thing about this lens.
If you are DX shooter then this lens is not recommended for you. Because it does not has 36-105mm equivalent focal length due to the 1.5x crop factor. Overall this lens has survived more than a decade now and it is still on top of the still for many landscape photographers.
The Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II
If you are planning to shoot sunrise or sunset for your next shoot then Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II is a perfect choice for you. You will find the T4i and Kit lens amazing for your landscaping shoot with this one. Then Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G is definitely a standby for supports and wildlife and even for portraits sometimes. You can put your Nikon f/2.8 lens on and shoot in almost any environment. The combination of the low light capability of the lens and the ability of 70 to 200 open up throughout the zoom range is fantastic. When you need a telephotes this lens is the best choice and it is no brainer to pick it up with all these amazing features. That being said then Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G is a big heavy setup. If you have to shoot while you are hiking then you have got a problem with this one. But this is best if you manage to save your neck with the heavy setup while you are hiking.
The Nikon 24mm f/3.5D PC-E
Tilt-shift lenses are always ideal for landscape photography. Nikon 24mm f/3.5D PC-E is called a best tilt-shift lens in Nikon collection. It tilts up/down spin it around, spin up and down anywhere you want to adjust a perfect angle for your landscaping project. You can also achieve a lot of different effects with this lens. When you go for landscaping the most difficult challenge you face is adjusting objects sometimes you want to make a tall tree look small sometimes you want the small tree look higher than the mountain in the background and this title shift lens makes your every dream and imagines a reality. This lens gives you a complete control over the field.
The Nikon 24mm f/1.4G
The metal bald Nikon 24mm f/1.4G is a legend, after 28mm by Nikon this new addition has got big shoes to fill in. It has got Nano crystal coating; it really helps you to deal with the light. Even when you are shooting straight at the sun you will get 1000% good results. It comes with a plastic lens hood that can protect your lens. It has switch menu and autofocus as well. In landscaping macro range is very important and this lens has got it all. It gives you good macro range and you can easily adjust your field with the given switch and Zoom options. Like the sum of other models it is not very heavy so if you are going up on the hills for your next shoot of landscaping then maybe this is a good choice for you. It is good even for portraits as well. It has got astounding sharpness, contrast and colors and everything else you need for a got shoot.
Buying guidelines, best landscape lens for Nikon
Buying a new lens for your camera is very important part of your landscape photography journey. If you are not purchasing the right camera you can end up with something bad and it will eventually ruin all the excitement and quality. Here is how you can buy a good quality and best landscape lens for Nikon.
- Nikon has got more than 50 lenses and it is a tough decision based on all the options and information out there. The most important thing is that sometimes you need to try all these lenses before you buy them. Now it is fairly difficult to get and try all the lenses from the collection. To make it simpler get the best lenses for Landscaping and make a list and then go and try the items on your list. While trying you need to keep in mind that you are looking for more focus, straight length, good filters and title switch because that’s what is important for landscaping.
- If your friend or someone from your family is using a particular lense you can take from them and try it on. You will choose what fits you as a creator and what will give viewers the best possible view.
- When you are starting out the budget is very important because you don’t know if you are going to stick with something or not. What is good for one photographer can be bad for you. So if you are starter and you are not sure about your decision start with something less expensive
- If you are a small body person and you are just getting used to DSLR then consider the weight and size of the lens as well while purchasing it. Because if you are not comfortable with the size and weight then how can you create something incredible for the viewers?
- The composition is also very important you need to think about how close you want to get to the object or how far away you want to make it. Look at the features of your landscaping piece and idea while purchasing it.
- Another important factor you need to consider while purchasing is what are you buying it for personal or professional use? If you are buying it for personal use then you might not invest huge money in it and there are so many options by the Nikon for personal use. And if you are starting your professional career buy something less expensive and then see if you want to make more investment in it or not?
If you have been doing photography for some time now then you will probably now that for every image there is one particular angle and clue which makes a small object wonderful. This clue appears in the mind of the photographer when they look through their lens at the object and if you have a great lens you can play with you can get the best clue and angel in no time.
Although all the landscape lenses have fewer buttons, dials, and features these are just as important as a camera. You can’t take the best picture without a good lens, the only camera is not going to give you something incredible. Both lens and camera complement each other. In the photography system, the lens delivers the light to the sensor. Same picture and view can be seen differently with different lenses. Some will give you full frame more focused and isolated background and other will be focusing on something else. When you are choosing a great landscaping project you need to keep in mind that you go with something which gives you more focus and full frame. You should also check the title and filters effects as well. Some Nikon best collections don’t support effects for some good reasons but in Landscaping, you need filters a lot. You can either buy a lens which supports filters or you can buy separate filer holder. While purchasing also focus on the weight and size of the lenses as well, make sure that you are purchasing something good which is compatible with your landscaping goals. There is lots of information on the internet do your proper research before buying any lens