Table Of Contents (Click For Quick Navigation)
Gone are the days when people lived in the moment. Now, all of us wish to capture it all in photographs so that we can reminisce the good old days later on in our lives. As the world has progressed, the need for a person behind the lens to capture the moment has also been eliminated. This is because, via a good-quality camera, we are more than equipped to take our photos on our own, which mainly comprise of selfies.
While such photos have taken the world by storm, much to the annoyance of those who have to see them on their social media newsfeed, the fact remains that clicking selfies has become the new norm of the millennials.
If wish for perfection, you would rather invest in the best camera for selfies than rely on subpar quality phones to do the task. There are various cameras available in the gadget niche for you to select your perfect camera from. However, not all products are the best cameras for selfies.
|Fujifilm X70 Digital Camera (Black)||Currently out of stock Currently out of stock||Buy On Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Silver Body Only)...||$889.59 from $799.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Pentax K-S2 20MP DSLR Kit w/ 18-50mm WR (Black)||$799.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Nikon 1 J5 Mirrorless Digital Camera w/ 10-30mm PD-ZOOM Lens (Silver)||$496.95||Buy On Amazon|
|Canon EOS M6 Body (Silver)||$779.99 from $729.00||Buy On Amazon|
The camera not only manages to look stylish which is achieved by the retro rangefinder shape of the product, but it also succeeds in being the perfect selfie camera due to the inclusion of the fixed focal length lens and a sensor.
This product features an LCD which has the ability to tilt 180 degrees. This feature makes it ideal for selfies since it can be tilted to a self-portrait angle. It also provides customers with a chance to take various types of shots ranging from a high angle to a low angle.
Moreover, the display is touchscreen in nature which gives the camera a modern vibe. It is also more convenient to operate than by using buttons.
The sensor included in the camera allows the product to offer enhanced image sharpness. This feature along with the clarity in the pictures offered makes sure that users are provided with the best experience possible.
The camera is not only perfect for taking selfies, but it can also prove to be ideal for vlogging. You can enjoy such use via the fact that this camera is more than equipped for video recording. It lets you enjoy the video recording experience at a quality of 1080p which can be further improved to 60 fps if you choose the continuous shooting mode.
Fuji X70 also possesses the ability to be used for an array of applications. This is made sure by the addition of the Fujinon lens of 18.5 mm. This lens lets users benefit from a focal length of 28 mm, and such a focal length plays an integral role in the versatility of applications.
- The LCD measures 3 inches and has a 1.04 million-dot touchscreen.
- The variation allowed in shutter speed through the dial as well as the aperture ring provides users with the autonomy to control exposure.
- The camera includes six kinds of high-speed AF modes.
- This 16.3 MP camera is equipped with an EXR Processor II and CMOS II sensor.
- The file formats offered by the camera are JPEG and RAW.
- The maximum resolution provided is 4896 x 3264.
- It is accompanied by a built-in flash and mic.
- The video clip that can be recorded can have a length of up to 27 minutes.
- It weighs 1.85 pounds when in the package.
- The shutter speed is 1/4000 of a second.
- The camera is accompanied by lithium-ion batteries, battery charger, shoulder strap, body cap, protective cover, a manual and warranty.
- The viewfinder has proven to quite useful.
- The compactness of the camera makes it perfect for storage and travel.
- The camera is very responsive and becomes operational and ready for taking shots very quickly when turned on.
- The fact that it can be connected to the Wi-Fi allows for efficient downloading of images on tablets and smartphones.
- The battery life is satisfactory.
- The auto shutoff only has an option for 2 minutes, and if you wish to turn the camera off between shots, you’ll need to do it manually which is a source of inconvenience.
- The package does not include a cover plate.
- The manual controls of the camera are too much of a hassle for some users.
The Fuji X70 has managed to offer users a premium quality camera which is also pocketable. Both of these features are rarely combined and make this camera an excellent choice to travel and take selfies with.
As any selfie lover or photographer would know, cameras which offer interchangeable lenses are excellent for taking selfies. This feature is what the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 has succeeded in providing.
One of the key features you should look for in a selfie camera is compactness. This is because a need for selfie can arise at any time of the day and if you opt for a heavy product, the chances are that you will not always be equipped with it when the moment arises.
This product is compact and lightweight enough for you to travel with it. The enhanced portability ensures that you are always ready for a spontaneous click.
Do you want to share your art with your friends right after you take a selfie? Well, this product allows you to do just that with the help of its built-in Wi-Fi with NFC. This feature renders the task of image transfer smooth and seamless.
Moreover, the product is accompanied by Panasonic’s Depth from Defocus system which allows for an enhanced focusing speed. Therefore, you can swiftly take shots without having to wait too long for the camera to focus.
When such a feature is combined with the Starlight AF function, you are bound to be satisfied with the quality of the images. The Starlight AF function governs the acts of focusing to the tee in low light and, therefore, guarantees that the moments you want to capture are preserved in the best possible way regardless of how bad the lighting is.
- It has a 20.3-megapixel digital live sensor to allow for perfect shots.
- The camera is equipped with a Venus Engine image processor and a Micro Four Thirds system.
- The mirrorless camera can be used for multimedia recording and can record 4K UHD videos at 24 fps.
- The dual I.S system allows the use of the in-camera and in-lens image to decrease the effects of camera shake.
- The maximum resolution offered is 5184 x 3888.
- The MOS sensor included has a size of 17.3 x 13 mm.
- A dust reduction system accompanies it.
- The camera can be used to record a video of a length up to 29 minutes.
- A built-in mic is included in the camera.
- It has an electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage.
- The LCD measures 3 inches and is a touchscreen.
- It weighs 1.9 pounds.
- The dimensions are 7.8 x 6.8 x 5.3 inches.
- The image stabilization makes this the perfect camera for amateurs.
- It is easy to use, which makes taking selfies single-handedly a piece of cake.
- The design and inclusion of the metal skin give the product a stylish yet robust vibe.
- The quality of the images captured is exemplary, especially in low light.
- The ultra-fast focusing speed of the camera makes it a convenient option to capture candid moments.
- It is on the pricey side.
- The viewfinder could be further improved to yield a better performance.
- The body stabilization feature is only applicable in photo mode and is not usable when making videos.
- It may not be the ideal choice for those who wish for a camera they can use for hours nonstop as this product experiences some glitches if used for too long.
While the camera exhibits a few flaws, the quality of the images as well as other value-added features make up for the drawbacks. Taking selfies with this camera will yield excellent results.
DSLRs are the trendy cameras everyone wishes to get, but the bulky nature of most DSLRs available in the market makes them a not-so-great choice for selfies. Well, the Pentax K-22 is here with a small yet stylish DSLR which is perfectly capable of taking selfies.
This camera has a variety of value-added features which include the autofocus system that makes high-speed focusing a reality. Moreover, the rear of the camera is equipped with a 3-inch swing-out display which allows you to not only review but also compose photos effectively.
Furthermore, the fast shutter speed makes continuous shooting possible with a rate of 5.5 fps. The image processing engine of the camera is capable of working correctly in various shooting scenarios including selfies.
The fact that the camera can be used to record 1080p videos makes this product versatile in its offer. If you are afraid of ruining the perfect shot due to your nervousness, don’t worry since this camera comes with a sensor-shift image stabilization system. This feature reduces the effects of camera shakes to a bare minimum by lowering the shutter speed.
Additionally, the camera features clarity enhancement modes that make cleaner photographs a possibility. When such clarity in images is added to the camera’s ability to capture moments perfectly with the AA filter, you are provided with a product which will get the job done.
- It is equipped with a 18-50 mm lens and a 20.1 MP APS-C sensor.
- The construction of the camera is made to be weather-resistant for optimum use.
- It features a built-in Wi-Fi for quick wireless image transfer.
- The HD video recording is available at 30 fps.
- The shutter speed is about 1/6000 second.
- The continuous shooting rates are of 5.5 fps.
- The maximum resolution is 5472 x 3648 pixels.
- The sensor included has a size of 23.5 x 15.6 mm.
- It is equipped with a dust reduction and image stabilization system.
- You can focus the shots manually as well as automatically.
- A pentaprism viewfinder accompanies the camera which has an eye point of 20.5 mm.
- It weighs 1.5 pounds.
- The dimensions are 2.5 x 4.8 x 3.6 inches.
- The weather-resistant nature of the product along with its quality construction enhances the durability of the camera.
- The mobile screen makes taking selfies seem like a seamless task.
- The compactness of the product along with its light weight allows for portability and better handling.
- The contrast and sharpness of the images delivered by this camera are high quality.
- The customization offered when it comes to scrolling with a finger to adjust the aperture and shutter speed provides users with the control they desire.
- The price of the camera is reasonable.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity with phones and tablets is not up to par and should be improved.
- The shutter sound may be too loud for the liking of those who wish for still cameras.
- The control layout of the camera is too cumbersome for some.
It is hard to find a weather-sealed high-quality DSLR at a price offered by the Pentax K-22. The flaws can be overlooked when you consider the cost of the product. Hence, make sure you give it a try if you are on the lookout for a lightweight DSLR for selfies.
What if we told you that you could enjoy the perks of using interchangeable lens while benefitting from the portability which only a point-and-shoot camera can provide? The Nikon 1 J5 has managed to provide such features and, therefore, is in the running for the best camera for taking selfies.
Are you looking for an image quality that outstrips the quality provided by other competing products? This camera may be able to provide you with such features owing to its ability to blend superior quality with a stylish design.
The inclusion of a top sensitivity of ISO 12800 makes this camera perfect for clicking pictures when the lighting is low. Such a feature is further enhanced when combined with a sensor that is added to ensure that the clarity of the image is improved. Therefore, if you are ever stuck with bad lighting, your handy Nikon 1 J5 will be able to save the day with immense ease.
Furthermore, this camera can take selfies with ease since it features an LCD which can tilt upward by 180 degrees and, therefore, can retain the position of the perfect selfie angle. The manufacturers of the product realize that efficient handling of the camera is always an issue for users, especially when they are trying to single-handedly snap a selfie. Hence, this product is designed in a way to make sure that intuitive handling is possible.
The camera is not just perfect for selfies, but it can be used for filming videos and taking artistic shots as well. The wide-angle to short-telephoto lenses included in the product allow you to use the camera for such versatile uses. The Power-Drive zoom mechanism and the image stabilization further enhance the experience of using the camera by making sure that the pictures you take are phenomenal and as per your desires.
- It features a 20.8 MP CMOS sensor.
- The camera can be used for recording at 20 fps while using the continuous autofocus mode.
- The camera omits an optical low-pass filter to offer users with bright and sharp images.
- It is accompanied with a Wi-Fi connectivity for smooth wireless transfer of pictures.
- The product can be used to film videos at 1080p quality.
- The maximum resolution offered is 5568 x 3712 pixels.
- The size of the sensor is 13.2 x 8.8 mm.
- There are five video formats available for you to use.
- The product weighs 8.2 ounces.
- Its dimensions are 3.9 x 1.3 x 2.4 inches.
- The accessories included with the camera are rechargeable batteries, a battery charger, a USB cable, a body cap, a strap, a user manual and a reference CD.
- It is available at a low cost which makes it a worthy investment.
- The foldout flip screen offers users the chance to indulge in creative ways of shooting a scene.
- The compactness of the product offers portability.
- The quality of the camera yields satisfactory results for selfies.
- The autofocus has excellent speed.
- The batteries tend to heat up when filming a video.
- It does not feature a viewfinder which undermines the quality and convenience provided by the camera.
- The battery life of the camera is short.
- The shutter speed is slow and could be further improved.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option that will do the job of taking selfies without being a hassle during traveling, you will not be disappointed with the performance of this camera.
Canon has taken its time to step into the interchangeable lens market, but when it did, it succeeded in leaving its mark with the help of the EOS M6. This smart camera is bound to satisfy the soul within you that demands aesthetically pleasing items while clicking selfies whenever you like.
The camera includes a flip-up LCD screen which makes it immensely selfie-friendly. One may dub this product to be a holistic package because not only is it perfect for capturing stills, but it also yields a satisfactory performance when used to film videos.
This feature is ensured by the fact that the camera can be used to shoot 1080p videos as well as click clear and crisp images via the help of the picture processor. The image processor is responsible for producing high-quality images, and it sure delivers.
The sensor included in the camera contains an array of functions which range from phase-detection to quick autofocus. Hence, the sensor can guarantee a smooth performance which is needed for both photos and videos.
The built-in Wi-Fi works effortlessly to provide users with a platform for quick image sharing and downloading.
Additionally, the design of the product includes an LCD which has a touchscreen. This display contains a swift and easy-to-access method for controlling focusing points and reviewing your photos which have been lauded by many for the convenience that it provides.
The fact that you can opt for a manual pop-up flash when you wish to illuminate the scene further helps the camera guarantee an ideal output.
- The camera has a format of APS-C.
- It offers 25.8 MP.
- The maximum resolution of the device is 6000 x 4000 pixels.
- It includes a CMOS sensor with a size of 22.3 x 14.9 mm.
- It has a 14-bit depth.
- It features a five-way digital image stabilization to minimize effects of camera shake.
- You can focus the shots both automatically and manually.
- The shutter speed is 1/4000 second.
- The startup time is one second.
- The self-timer included is 10 seconds.
- The product weighs 14.4 ounces.
- Its dimensions are 1.8 x 4.4 x 2.7 inches.
- The product is an excellent mirrorless camera for photography enthusiasts.
- The compact design of the camera makes it ideal for traveling.
- The autofocus works swiftly and perfectly.
- The video quality offered by the camera is exemplary.
- The touchscreen LCD is easy to navigate and, hence, convenient to use.
- It does not feature a viewfinder.
- The strap included as an accessory is not of high quality.
- The exposure mechanism can be improved.
Overall, the product manages to satisfy users who are on the lookout for a selfie camera that is easy to carry. The quality of the camera is satisfactory and thereby, it is worth trying.
All in all, the products mentioned above will yield satisfying results when you take a selfie. Amidst all of them, the Fuji X70 succeeds in being the best camera for selfies. This is because not only does the product feature a reasonable price, but it also offers superior quality at the given cost. The other options are worthy alternatives. Regardless of which one you pick, you will be satisfied.
Make sure you get a camera so that you are always ready. Take selfies, capture moments, and create memories.
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Richard Ricciardi – https://flic.kr/p/RPopA9
james j8246 – https://flic.kr/p/pKZvTb
Garry Knight – https://flic.kr/p/qZg4Rp