In this article, we will be taking a look at the best flash for Sony a6000 cameras currently available on the market today. We have noticed a number of photography enthusiasts reaching out for assistance on the topic on a number of different forums as well as social media.
We have decided to research the various camera flashes currently available on the market and decided to publish this article. Our hope is that this post will be able to help any of our readers who find themselves in this same situation without the need to invest their own time researching a whole bunch of different products.
The Best Flash For Sony A6000 Digital Cameras
Due to being such a popular camera flash, there are a number of reviews from other photography enthusiasts online, you can read some of them by clicking here if you wish. All of those reviews have been left by third-party, independent photographers who have no connection to our website. We feel that sharing this truly third-party opinion of the product helps to offer our readers the best all-around view of the things we recommend.
Features And Benefits
The Neewer TT560 Flash has been designed to offer photographers a high-quality camera flash that is quick and easy to use but also doesn’t break the bank. As you would expect, it allows for zero to ninety degrees of vertical rotation and zero to two hundred and seventy degrees of horizontal rotation.
It has been designed to be as easy to use as possible with you being able to activate and change functions at the press of a button. This allows for quick and easy changes on the fly during a shoot without the need to waste any of your time. The low battery indicator is bright and easy to see giving you plenty of notice that you either need to swap your battery out or switch over to a backup flash.
If you own more than one camera than you will be happy to know that the flash is fully compatible with a whole range of different Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, and Pentax cameras in addition to the most popular products from Sony.
Question – Are batteries included with the Neewer TT560 Flash?
Answer – No, it requires four AA batteries that you can pick up cheap here.
Question – Does the Neewer TT560 Flash support TTL?
Answer – No, it is a manual camera flash.
Question – Does the Neewer TT560 Flash have a jack socket for an external battery pack?
Answer – Yes it supports a range of external power sources.
- This report comments on how they are a casual photographer and that they have purchased several Neewer TT560 Flashes. They mention how they use them with a Sony A6000 and that they work fine for their needs, especially for the price.
- This report comments on how they use their Neewer TT560 Flash for their Sony A6000 and that it works fine. They mention that they like that it has a bunch of different power settings they can take advantage off as well as use their radio trigger with the product without issue.
- This report comments on how they have tried some other products without much success on their A6000. They mention that they ended up moving over to the Neewer TT560 Flash and that they haven’t had any problems since doing so.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Neewer TT560 Flash is a remarkably good product that is cheap and works well with their Sony A6000. They mention that in their opinion there is no point buying an expensive Canon camera flash for most people as the Neewer TT560 Flash works fine.
- This report comments on how they didn’t think that something as cheap as the Neewer TT560 Flash to work as well as it does. They mention that they use it for portrait photography with their Sony A6000 and that they could not be any happier with the results they get.
An Independent Video Review
The Second Best Flash For Sony A6000 Digital Cameras
Next up on our list of the best camera flashes for Sony A6000 cameras is the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash. Since its release, the NW320 has managed to become a very popular TTL camera flash with both amateur and professional photographers alike. Coming from Neewer, it has an excellent build quality just like the TT560 covered above and is available for around the $60 mark.
It has proven popular with users of many different camera brands but there are already a large number of photographers using it with their Sony A6000. You can click here to read some third-party reviews from A6000 users or you can click here to read some general reviews of the product from photographers using the flash with other camera models.
Features And Benefits
The Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash has been designed to work seamlessly with a number of Sony camera models. It has a sixty to ninety degree horizontal rotation as well as a seven to ninety degree vertical rotation.
The flash supports the following flash modes TTL, M, MULTI, S1, and S2 that are quick and easy to switch between. The product also works with a number of different wireless triggers up to a distance of 49 feet indoor and 33 feet outdoors. Powered by AA batteries, the flash has will activate between one hundred and one thousand five hundred times depending on the power settings.
Question – Does the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash have a built-in reflector card?
Answer – No it doesn’t.
Question – Can the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash be set to work as a slave or an off-camera flash?
Answer – Yes, simply set the flash to slave mode and implement it to your external rig.
Question – Are batteries included with the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash?
Answer – No, but AA batteries can be picked up cheap here.
- This report comments on how they use the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash with their Sony A6000 and think that is it perfect. They mention that they invested in this flash as the built-in one was not powerful enough to meet their needs. They mention how they are amazed with the performance of the flash for the price and that it does everything that they require it to.
- This report comments on how they purchased the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash for both their Sony A6000 and their A6300. They mention how it has worked wonderfully from the very first shoot and that they would highly recommend this product.
- This report comments on how the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash works well with their Sony HX50V and their Sony A6000 and they feel the product offers exceptional value. They mention that they are pleased with the product and that its size, tilts, swivels, and weight are ideal for the Sony A6000.
- This report comments on how they are pleasantly surprised but the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash and that their initial test shots with it on their A6000 were spot on and that they are very happy with it.
- This report comments on how in their opinion there is no better camera flash for the Sony A6000 that the Neewer NW320 TTL LCD Display Flash. They comment on how it has a good built quality and that there are a few little extra touches that work well for the A6000.
An Independent Video Review
The Third Best Flash For Sony A6000 Digital Cameras
With it being such a popular camera flash, there are plenty of reviews from independent photographers online that you can read. You can click here to read some reviews of the Sony HVLF20M left by other Sony A6000 users or you can click here to read some general reviews of the product for other camera models.
Question – Can you use the Sony HVLF20M as a wireless trigger for an external flash?
Answer – Yes, provided the external flash is set as slave this product can be used as a wireless trigger.
Question – What batteries does the Sony HVLF20M require?
Answer – It uses two AAA batteries that are not included but can be picked up cheap here.
Question – What are the dimensions of the Sony HVLF20M?
Answer – It is 3.5 x 2.5 x 4.5 inches and it weight is 3.2 ounces.
- This report comments on how they are pleased with the Sony HVLF20M and feel that it is easy to use and performs well. They mention how most of the other products that they researched were too complex for a casual shooter.
- This report comments on how they feel that the Sony HVLF20M is a nice flash for the Sony A6000. They comment on how it performs better than the built-in flash in their experience.
- This report comments on how they feel that the battery life of the Sony HVLF20M with rechargeable AAA batteries was better than they thought. They mention that they were able to take over two hundred photos with their A6000 in a few hours without any battery life issues on the flash.