In this article, we will be taking a look at the best lens for Nikon d7100 for portraits currently available on the market today. Being a popular digital camera for a large number of amateur and professional photographers alike, it is no surprise that we see a large number of people reaching out for advice regarding the Nikon D7100.
One question that we have noticed a steady increase in is about what lenses people should be using with the Nikon D7100, particularly when taking portraits. We have researched the various lenses currently available and settled on two and we feel either of them will suit you well. Although they will be covered in greater detail throughout the article, the two lenses that we would recommend are:-
- The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens
- The Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP AF/MF 1:1 Macro Lens
The Best Lens For Nikon D7100 For Portraits On The Market
In addition to the Nikon variant, there are also versions of the lens available for Canon, Sony, and Pentax cameras. Having such a wide user base there are plenty of reviews online of the product, you can click here to read reviews left by other Nikon D7100 users or you can click here to read some of them that have been left over by third-party, independent photographers sharing their experiences with the lens.
Features And Benefits
The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens has a 17 to 70 mm focal length with a F22-22 minimum aperture and a F2.8-4 maximum aperture. It has built-in image stabilization technology although this probably won’t be required when being used for portrait photography.
It has been designed from the very start to be the ultimate lens for any cameras using APS-C sized sensors and has an extremely high build standard. The Hyper Sonic Motor and Optical Stabilizer work together seamlessly to ensure that you are able to take accurate photographs with quick and easy autofocusing.
Two FLD glass elements and one SLD element are included as standard to help reduce any color aberration in your pictures with zero additional input from you. The lens is also fully compatible with the Sigma USB dock allowing you to tweak and further customize it if you wish.
Question – Does the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens come with a lens hood?
Answer – Yes a lens hood is included.
Question – Where is the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens produced?
Answer – It is made in Bandai, Fukushima, Japan.
Question – What is the closest macro distance for the Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM Lens?
Answer – 0.72 feet or 8.64 inches from the camera sensor.
- This report comments on how they love this generation of Sigma lenses and that they use it on their Nikon D7100. They mention how it works great in low light settings and that it is light as a feather with zero bulk, unlike other popular lenses. They mention how they also purchased the Sigma USB dock too.
- This report comments on how they feel that The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM is a great lens and that it is much better than the stock lens on their Nikon D7100. They mention how it takes very crisp photos and that they love the product.
- This report comments on how they use The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM with their Nikon D7100 and that they feel this lens is a keeper for their DX cameras. They mention how they have done some manual tests with the lens and that they are very pleased with the outcomes.
An Independent Video Review
The Second Best Lens For Nikon D7100 For Portraits On The Market
There are variants of the lens available for Nikon, Canon, Konica, Sony, and Pentax meaning there are plenty of reviews online for the product. You can click here to read some of them that have been left by other Nikon D7100 owners or you can click here to read reviews of the product left by owners of other camera brands.
- This report comments on how they use the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP AF/MF 1:1 Macro Lens with their Nikon D7100. They mention how this lens is their favorite and that it takes beautiful images in their experience.